Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Being broke at the end of the month!



After years of schooling and studying in university, then come to the time, I have to find a job, that is to earn an income and then hopefully I can feed and stand in life by own self. I work with a starting pay of $1,700 working in a factory. Thereafter, I purchased my first car, spending over half of my salary contributing to the car $900. Then, came in entertainment with friends, gas and maintenance, another few hundred more gone. Buy and eat things as per my liking, more cash gone. At the end of the month, I have nothing to show for myself for I have neglected the importance of financial education and adhering to the simple principles, of saving, investing and protecting it.

Is this the kind of life that you want? Share with me, your experiences, on being broke at the end of month.
Share/Save/Bookmark

3 comments:

Michelle said...

When I first started work, I was in the same situation. I have no ideas where I spend my money. As the time goes by, I learned to have a spending list and read more on how to manage our finances. Well, I guess, we learn best from our own experience. Keep posting!

mind mgmt said...

Yes, this happens to most of us and most of the time we had to learn it the hard way.

TummyFull said...

Car is just a transport therefore no need to buy expensive car as it also depreciates in value. I would think the rm900 vs rm1700 income is way too much. The proper guideline should be 1/3 of your income.